This month’s discussions have been awash with contrasting views on Europe. This week Cameron gave what was possibly a career defining speech to the Commons. He promised to give the people an in-out referendum on Europe if the Conservatives win the general election in 2015. Despite this promise he also made clear his views on Europe stating that “with his heart and soul” he will campaign to stay, however it is safe to say some of his colleagues will have different ideas.
The Labour leader, Ed Miliband, stuck to Labours traditional pro-European stance and accused the Prime minister of being forced by his party into a referendum he doesn’t want.
Here’s what tygers think about EU membership and the EU:
· “A rock of stability in an uncertain world.”
· “Well done to Mr Cameron for promising us an In/Out vote, but why not until after 2015, we want it now!”
· “Needs to be more democratic, not to abolish good legislation on workers’ rights”
· “I think the pros far outweigh the cons”
Another hot issue this month has been the Royals, always a favourite topic among tygers. This week an interview with Harry, about his time in Camp Bastion, his views on the Las Vegas incident, and being an expectant Uncle, has brought the royals to the front of TYG discussions.
Here’s what tygers said about the Princes:
· “A fine young man doing an impressive job.”
· “Sounds like he did some good work on his latest tour of duty.”
· “”One of the most popular royals” No real competition is there?”
· “Always dutiful.”
· “Royalty is just so last century. Played out now.”